<VV> More Corvair Oil Confusion?

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 13:06:24 EST 2011

Mike, you might want to check but the racing/motorcycles oils have
different chemical additives that are not designed for a larger
automobile engine, I think Richard Widman has made statements on that,
and I've read something on that on the Amsoil site, but the other
Mobile 1 oils and Amsoil oils will work fine, I think their Mobil 1 15
W50 has the required amount of ZDDP in it. Amsoil 10 W40 also has the
correct amount of ZDDP as well as some of their heavier oils, but
unless you have a wore out engine why go with heavier? Its actually
detrimental to engine loife and cooling.

I've just decided to buy the additive and use a good full synthetic 10
W30 and add additive as needed. Mark Durham