<VV> Synthetics? Why the heck not?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Mar 10 00:48:20 EST 2011

In a message dated 3/9/2011 9:38:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
hmlinc at sbcglobal.net writes:

Synthetic!
I've used it - for a couple of years.
Now I wonder  - is anyone aware of a DISadvantage?
Later, JR

Corvair owners = Frugal

If you don't need it, why pay extra?

Extended oil changes? How many miles do you put on your Corvair?

But - If you need it - PAY the Money

(Note on older engine seals, with older synthetic oils, seals would  not
swell due to the lack of certain additives. Oil leaked out. Also, the
slipperier oil could slide past old rings, causing oil burning. These are not
noticeably a problem any more with newer seals and a correct additive  package.)

-Seth (Who is sure we will hear more about this at the  Workshop)