<VV> Cams and noise: for the archives

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Fri Mar 11 00:33:16 EST 2011

I've used four cams recently. Two Underground 102 reground, with no issues,
one Clark's or Underground 140 reground with no issues.  One Clark's 304
reground in a 140 PG with no issues.  I haven't tried any "new" profiles.

Are Clark's or Isky grinding this cams on new blanks or regrinding Chevy
cams.  If you are grinding a new blank, you have a lot of latitude.  If you
are regrinding a used cam you don't have much latitude at all.  You pretty
much have to follow the original grind.  When was the last cam blank for a
Corvair cam blank cast?

dp