<VV> LPG vs. Gasoline Re: CNG was Propane

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri Mar 11 15:16:15 EST 2011

When you're comparing fuel costs you have to consider $ per heating value,
NOT simply $ per gallon since different fuels contain different heating
values  per gallon.  If you check this website:

    _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_consumption_
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_consumption)

you'll see that a gallon of LPG has only 73% as much heating value as
regular gasoline, so if you're paying $4 per gallon of gasoline, the equivalent
price for a gallon of LPG would be 73% x $4 = $2.92 for the same amount of
LPG  energy so a dollar less for a gallon of LPG is no big saving.

Frank Burkhard

In a message dated 3/11/2011 1:19:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,