<VV> VV Posts -- Lakewood tech question

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 14 01:10:09 EDT 2011

shortle wrote:

>My '62 Monza Wagon has large chrome headed phillips sheet metal screws .
>

>>From: Bryan Blackwell <bryan at skiblack.com>
>>
>>You asked this a while ago, but I didn't get a chance to look at all until yesterday.  On the '61 shell, there are the little clips with machine thread nuts on the back.  I'm pretty sure the screws are similar to the ones that hold the battery cover, a chrome button head, but I don't know what sort of drive they are (Phillips, slotted, etc.)

Courtesy of my really wonky internet, I get around to a reply -- I did
find about four of the Phillips head of the right size, only to realize
that is what is holding the trans cover on this car (it had been covered
up by a blanket until today).

But they are only about 3/4" long -- the two slotted screws I have are
about 1" long, and that length is necessary to reach the clip nut on the
front of the two side covers.  These clips are all of the type for sheet
metal screws, except the four across the back of the engine cover have
threaded nuts on them -- however, the screws seem to fit into the nuts
quite well, like they are made for them.

Comments?

Bill Strickland