<VV> Oops - need advice

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 14 18:06:46 EDT 2011

Joe, OK now I see. You got a problem, nothing to grip regardless of the
condition of the threads. Never heard of this one. The little mouse really
corroded the plug into the head. A big easy out may work and might a reverse
turning drill. I have never tried this trick in a spark plug, but in the past
I've been able to wedge a strong shafted screwdriver into a threaded hole to get
to turn. In this case you jamb it into the center of the remaining spark plug. I
have some screwdrivers with a heavy square shank. On it I can get an adjustable
wrench to give me the torque I need.

 Even ruining a good screwdriver once is worth the money to solve a tough
problem. I have a lot of junk stuff I keep to make one time tools.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.
MIKE KOVACS