<VV> Turbos made a difference Re: 4 Speed to PG

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 23:14:28 EDT 2011

John,

Gee, maybe we should tell Billy Bruce that he would be FASTER if he
switched from his automatic trans to a manual trans!!!!<GGGG>

In addition, I've seen a number of magazine tests of stock TURBO  cars with
manual trans  and the same car with automatic trans and  frequently, for
the 0 to 60 mph times the turbo cars with automatic beat  the manual shift
cars.  The automatic trans cars shift WITHOUT closing the  throttle and slowing
down the turbocharger thereby REDUCING boost.
Reminds me that when Dick Griffin was drag racing his stick-shift EM
Corvair, he said he drove to the starting line with FULL throttle using the
brakes to control the engine speed.  If the race started promptly, he  usually
won, but if there was a delay things cooled down and he frequently lost  the
race.

Frank "turbos need wide open throttles" Burkhard

In a message dated 3/16/2011 9:46:57 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,