<VV> Turbos made a difference Re: 4 Speed to PG

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Thu Mar 17 07:53:14 EDT 2011

And a LOT more cars are quicker with manual trannies. My 300ZXTT, my
Legacy GT, my wife's Forester XT, etc., every turbo car I've ever owned
is/was quicker with a stick. And usually by quite a bit! In the case of
the Subarus, add 1.5 seconds to the 0-60 times with an auto. Add 1
second for the Z. And so on. These are cars which spool up VERY
quickly, and closing the throttle doesn't do much compared to all the
losses of a sloppy auto slushbox!
If you're losing that much boost on a shift, you need a better turbo!!

John Roberts