<VV> Fully broken in and ready for synthetic oil

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Thu Mar 17 10:22:28 EDT 2011

Hi Stephen,

Not to be too difficult, but what makes you think there's enough ZDDP in it?

Perhaps I'm paranoid, but a minimum of 1000 PPM seems reasonable to me - that was the SL standard.  I'm not aware of any consumer off the shelf 10W30 oil with that much, thus the discussion of other weights recently.

My short answer is I'd use something with a published ZDDP spec of 1000 to 1500 PPM.

--Bryan