<VV> 25,000 mile oil change

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 18 02:05:33 EDT 2011

I found the answer to the "shelf life" in the crankcase question at Amsoil's
web site:

PASTE:

SERVICE LIFE
AMSOIL Synthetic 10W-30 Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain
intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline fueled vehicles
as follows:

  • Normal Service(3) – Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes
first.

  • Severe Service(4) – Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes
first.

END PASTE

Note the specific mention of gasoline fuel and also the 1 yr interval
(without testing).

The trucker who went over 400,000 (diesel engine I assume) by testing the
oil, what was the time period involved?  Do we know that answer?

I could not find a spot on the Amsoil website to tell me the ZDP levels.  If
I simply missed it, please let me know how to find it.

Again, it is not my intention to pick on Amsoil (or you).  I'm simply
looking for the facts in order to be able to make informed decisions about
what oil I want to put in my 50ish year old Corvairs.

Later, JR
CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140