<VV> Look what I found when I changed the oil today

Lon Anderson lonzovair at aol.com
Sat Mar 19 21:34:24 EDT 2011

Jack,
If you're talking about the rubber seal, I've had it happen on "name brand" filters on other vehicles... namely Cheryl's old Jeep ('96 Grand Cherokee 4.0L, long since gone) and my old truck ('82 F150 302 still running), and they get (got?) their oil changed on a regular basis... so I wouldn't let one episode as such spoil the batch.
I have 2 of the Clark's filters, yet to use them, because I run FL1A Motorcraft filters on my '64 700 (I've got one of the old "spin-on-filter adapters" that I've had for almost 15 years, I think I got it from Ed Corson?)... along with quite a few PF4 filters...
Anyway, just saying, I wouldn't cast them off over that.
Later,
Lonzo