<VV> Fw: valve cover leaks

Ray Rodriguez III vairguy at echoes.net
Sun Mar 20 00:01:18 EDT 2011

 Byron,

 I highly recommend (from personal experience) the rubber type valve cover
 gaskets that Clark's sells.

 The easiest way to prevent them from sagging is to use some "high tack" RTV
 to glue them to the valve cover before you install it.  You can just put a
 few specks in logical locations, you dont have to rtv the whole thing.  If
 you don't want to use any goop the extra thickness of the rubber gaskets
 allows you use the top bolts as locating pins during the install as long as
 you are careful not to let them fall out... it's a little tricky but I've
 done it several times.

 I have Offenhauser finned aluminum valve covers and use the rubber gaskets.
 I have never had any leaks and I use only the four stock bolt locations as
 have not tapped the heads for the other two.  I have a pair of the blue
 silicone gaskets as well but haven't tried them yet.

 Hope this helps!

 Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
 Lake Ariel, PA
 66' Corsa 140 coupe
 63' Monza PG (winter driver)
 65' Corsa 140 coupe  (under construction)