<VV> Corvair content, Really!

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Sun Mar 20 20:45:55 EDT 2011

At 06:34 PM 3/20/2011, peter koehler wrote:

>Hope many of you were able to get out and share some
>quality time with your favorite Corvair this weekend! -

Well, I was able to, as long as you don't require actual on-the-road
driving to be part of it.

I pulled the 1964 500 coupe track car, still on the trailer following
last September's NECC event at Monticello, out into the sunshine for
the first time since then because a fellow was coming to look at it
-- he has an interest in buying it.

Every Fall, I put a Battery Tender on each Corvair.  One Battery
Tender for each of the three Corvairs plus another for the
little-used GMC pickup.  Being lazy -- the battery in this car is in
the back seat area and getting to it requires climbing through the
roll cage -- I never put the Battery Tender on this car this winter.

Surprise!  It started right up!

Of course, the battery is an Optima battery, which does make a
difference, but it is a relatively old Optima battery.  So I was
pleased and the prospective buyer didn't have to look at a dead car.

--Bob Marlow