<VV> Corvair content, Really! (brakes)

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 00:13:40 EDT 2011

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:33 PM, Bryan Blackwell <bryan at skiblack.com> wrote:

> On the drive, we both noted the brakes were 'not quite right'.  After
> getting home I checked the master cylinder - a dual unit I installed a few
> years ago from the Corvair Ranch - and found a dry front cylinder.  So, at
> least some dual m/c conversions work under some failure conditions.  I'll
> add that I had carefully adjusted the pushrod so that the brakes had very
> little play.  Ironically it was due for a brake flush this spring.
>
> --Bryan

I'll have to do some testing if I want to confirm it, but I'm thinking maybe
if you adjust the pedal as high as possible the Dual MC will do what it is
supposed to do.  I just adjusted the pedal all the way up on our 63' in
hopes that it will help.

Bryan does the setup you installed include the shuttle valve/brake light
unit that goes between the front and rear lines?

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA