<VV> Fwd: Fwd: Corvair content, Really! (brakes)

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 10:39:43 EDT 2011

In a message dated 3/24/2011 10:25:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
whubbell at verizon.net writes:

Better  yet, just make it illegal to drive faster than 10 mph!

Bill  Hubbell

Actually Bill they did that in most cities a hundred years ago.  I  agree
with your political opinions about responsibility and driving, but my
experience with single and master cylinders has convinced me of the benefits of
the dual system.  I have had a single master cylinder fail in cars
before--once when I was a teenager and a mechanic made a mistake on my father's  car
and once in my Corsa--when I should have immediately parked the car when the
 pedal became too hard--the left front wheel cylinder was frozen and then
let  go.  I have never had a dual master cylinder fail but if it did the
chances  are much higher that only one side--front or rear--would fail and very
little  chance that both would fail.

Now if you really want this thread to go on you could discuss the dual
system some cars--notably Swedish--have that has three wheels on each side of a
 dual cylinder--both front and one rear if I remember correcly so that you
never  lose more than 3/4 of your braking.  Of course then the complexity
starts  getting out of hand and I would just stick to my dual front/rear stock
 setup.

I guess I'm just one step removed from Bill after all.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics
CORSA