<VV> Flat Towing a Corvair

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Mar 24 13:37:30 EDT 2011

On 3/24/2011 12:48 PM, Bill Kronen wrote:
> If anyone has information or experience in 'flat towing' a Corvair I'd
> appreciate hearing from you either on line or off.  Was wondering if its
> possible to do this with a 66 Monza coupe with PG and if so, what
> precautions need to be taken.

When you say, "wondering if it is possible to do this with a 66 Monza
coupe with PG," are you asking about towing this Corvair or towing
another Corvair with this Corvair?

Towing a Corvair with a suitable tow vehicle, yes.  Towing a Corvair
with a Corvair, no.

The latter is "possible," just not wise.

"Suitable" tow vehicle means a vehicle substantial enough to control two
vehicles and stop two vehicles.

I maintain that I am probably the only person to have flat-towed a
Corvair across both the George Washington Bridge in New York City and
the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco...

--Bob Marlow