<VV> Head Pictures - was Head Problems

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 13:53:44 EDT 2011

Byron, didn't you say the head just had a valve job? You may find it
less expensive to have the plug hole welded and retapped than doing a
full valve job again. It's not as easy as moving the valves, you also
have to have new tolerance guides and valve seats, and unless you find
a NOS head, that is not likely. Then the valves must be reground and
lapped into the valve seats.

If you are concerned about the welding of the head, my heads have been
welded and the spark plugs angled closer to the exhaust valve, and the
chambers were redone from a 62 102 to more like a 95 hp, but the
tolerances are closer, I think they raised the compression on the
engine. Anyway, I now must run a longer thread tapered seat spark
plug.  But, the heads took the welding with no problem and the engine
runs great.

Mark Durham