<VV> Headless pictures

Charlie Danner cdanner at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 19:55:31 EDT 2011

                       Mike,
                                   I've used that method in the past, but
when the hole is too big ( a large insert blown out ); I use a tapered
aluminum  ( or steel ) pipe plug with 14mm threads tapped in the center. The
various pipe tap sizes will let you fix as large a hole as the combustion
chamber will stand and the threads are smaller as you go deeper into the
head. I started this process on air cooled VW's and did most without
removing the head.I haven't had a failure. The tapered threads allow some
serious torque to the insert! On a larger insert; the sparkplug threads can
be sunk to maintain the Corvair length threads.
                     Charlie Danner
                      cdanner at comcast.net
http://photobucket.com/albums/v385/CMD/