<VV> Autoweek article wording

Brent Fullard brent.fullard at rogers.com
Wed Mar 30 11:58:57 EDT 2011

Funny that Ralph Nader, as a lawyer, didn't seem to realize that product
liability must be viewed in the context of the technology available to the
manufacturer at the time, rather than viewed in total isolation. I guess that's
why Ralph Nader decided to view the matter in isolation, as it made for a better
argument to the general public, albeit a weaker argument in the context of the
laws governing product liability.

I guess one can conclude that Ralph Nader was neither an engineer, nor a very
good lawyer. The Corvair was exonerated. Ralph Nader was not.