<VV> need help ignition switch removal (advertising & info)

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Mar 30 17:52:46 EDT 2011

Try every GM B10 or B11 key you have. Wiggle, jiggle, slide in and out
while wiggleing. The KEY, not you!

Then lube well with Lock Eaase and try again.

Usually some key will be close enough for the tumblers to satisfy and the
cylinder will turn counterclockwise to the accessory position.

If you think the door locks are original to the car and so is the ignition,
remove a door lock, give the 4 digit code and I can make a code cut key for
$6.50 post paid. Check local locksmith for price if time is of the essence.

Making the lock ring small to prevent the switch removal was another little
anti-theft thing.

Well, back when we were in high school any gearhead would have known how to
hot wire a car. But, who in high school now even has seen a car with
points, or how to hot wire the system? You can hot wire a GM HEI the same
way, but even these are rare now! Most recent joy-riders know how to break
the steering column.

Frank DuVal