<VV> anti theft.

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Thu Mar 31 15:52:20 EDT 2011

Many years ago (the car in question was a 1972 model) I was unable to
get the ignition key out of the ignition after parking the car in a very
large, very public parking lot.

I HAD to get to an appointment.  So how to leave the car, with the key
in the ignition?

First, I took the key ring off the key.  The key was now much harder to see.

Second, I took the entire distributor cap with me to the appointment.

- - - - -

Since then, on a number of occasions when I felt it was necessary to
"theft-proof" a Corvair, I simply took the coil wire with me.

- - - - -

However, sometimes it is better to just let the car get stolen.  In some
areas, thieves who are unsuccessful in starting your car will trash it,
like a petulant child, before they leave

--Bob Marlow