<VV> LM convetable top adjustments

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 2 01:44:06 EDT 2011

First, you ARE aware that those sort of "diamond shaped" chrome pieces which
hold the J hooks of the top latch mechanisms are adjustable - right?  If you
did not know that, start there and report back.  WD40 might be involved.

If you did know that and used that feature to full advantage, then read the
rest of this email.

I tend to be more in agreement (for the most part) with Bob Hall.

The caveat would be....  Did the installer of the current top set the fabric
too tight?  If so, there are limited things you can do about it.  No matter
what you do, it is likely that at least some small portion of the outside
(side) edges of the top frame will show below the edge of the top fabric at
just about the point where the front and rear side windows meet.

One would be to back off the screws (bolts?) which hold the "stick" in
place.  The stick is the U shaped piece holding the back end of the top
fabric (below the window and under the "package shelf" cover) in place.  If
you pull them all completely out, keep track of which go where if you want
to avoid a hole (at installation time) through the body of the car.  Anyway,
the point is to back them off a half inch or see and see if that helps with
the closing of the top.

Another would be to use the adjustment screws which are built into the top
frame.  I did this by trial and error method.  Bob's suggestion of getting
the manual which describes this is probably a better idea.  At the time, I
was not aware of such a manual.

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110