<VV> installing dipstick tube in an assembled car? (and some more carb stuff)

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Tue May 3 20:58:44 EDT 2011

Find a piece of steel the right size to go into the dipstick tube with no
"slop".  Cold rolled would be best, but a bolt will work.  With the steel in
the top of the dipstick tube, clamp on it tight with a pair of padded vice
grips (why do we call it a pair?) and twist it back and forth while pulling
up.  It should eventually come out.

dp