<VV> EGT probe location

Jim Simpson simpsonj at bellatlantic.net
Wed May 4 15:46:44 EDT 2011

I installed a data logger to do pretty much as you are suggesting.  I didn't
have a pyrometer, but did monitor RPM, A/F ratio, manifold pressure and
throttle position on a basically stock 180 turbo.  I used an inexpensive
DATAQ four channel A/D converter and their software on a laptop to capture
the information.

I saw boost peak at just under 11 psi with some interesting oscillations
(~1/2 psi) probably due to the knock sensor kicking in and out.  A/F ratio
was surprisingly good (though this was before they started adding
significant amounts of alcohol to gasoline).

All in all, it was an interesting experiment.

Jim Simpson

Group Corvair