<VV> 62 and 63 YH carb differences?

Markpowhatan at aol.com Markpowhatan at aol.com
Wed May 4 20:36:48 EDT 2011

I just noticed that my 63 Spyder has a 62 YH carb on it (body # 0-1507)
with a 63 compressor housing with PCV.  After having a complete engine
rebuild, I now have some pinging when in boost, and thats with High octane gas,
and a new "boost-retard" that is working.  What's the difference between  the
62 and 63 YH carb bodies?  I see that when ordering rods and jets,  there
is some difference.  I am trying to go richer as a last effort to  stop the
ping, and plan to order another rod and jet to see if that helps.  Any
suggestions?  Thanks!  Mark Francis   63 Spyder   Powhatan, Va.