<VV> 62 and 63 YH carb differences?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu May 5 00:10:42 EDT 2011

Hi Mark,

First, get Bob Helt's YH book. It explains the differences better than I
can. He also lists a contact for Blackhawk Engineering to buy new
metering rods.

I know this is just a RTFM reply, but it really is a good book!

BTW, according to Bob, you have an early 1963 YH carb, not a 1962!. So
it is correct for your car. Later 1963 production used a different body
0-1580, which has a noticeably different accelerator pump discharge
needle assembly.

Pay attention to total advance, not just initial setting, which may now
be different with the boost/retard vacuum unit. Others here who have
used them should chime in. Like the "other" Frank.

Frank DuVal