<VV> Pinging Problem Re: 62 and 63 YH carb differences?

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Fri May 6 00:58:26 EDT 2011

Mark,

Have you checked just how MUCH retard the "boost-retard" unit is
supplying?  You can do it without driving the car by just running the  engine after
disconnecting and plugging the rubber hose "boost" line and  attaching a
rubber hose to the boost-retard on the side of the  distributor.  Apply low air
pressure up to 10 psig to the line while  checking with a timing light to
see just how much boost-retard you're  getting.  Compare that number to the
specs in the factory manual for your  year.
I also recommend reading the Turbocharger chapter in the Corvair Basics
Manual available from CORSA for a more detailed discussion.

Let us know what you find.

The "other Frank"
(Frank Burkhard)
Boonton, NJ 07005

In a message dated 5/5/2011 12:11:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,