<VV> New Flat-tappet Oil from Amsoil (advertisement)

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Thu May 12 23:07:42 EDT 2011

Hello VV Members,

It is my pleasure to announce that Amsoil has released a new line of motor
oils specifically aimed at the classic/antique/street rod market.  It is
labeled "Z-Rod" (TM) and is available in 10W-30, product type ZRT (perfect
for the Corvair) and 20W-50, product type ZRF.  You may view the product
sheet from Amsoil's web site at:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/zrt.aspx

I have not yet been able to get information from Amsoil about the ZDDP
level of this oil but according to their announcement it has been
deliberately formulated with extra anti-wear additives for engines with
flat tappet cams. This oil carries an API rating of SL.  Apparently it is
also formulated with extra corrosion inhibitors to facilitate long term or
seasonal storage.

The MSRP for this oil is $9.40/qt.  I will forward information regarding
additive levels once these become available.

One may also consider Amsoil type ACD 10W-30/SAE30 HD Diesel Oil which
contains 1267ppm Zn, 1350ppm P and is API rated SL/CI-4+/CH-4/CF.  This oil
has a MSRP of $8.67/qt but is only available in 1 gal or larger containers.

Also popular is type AMO 10W-40 Motor Oil which contains 1267ppm Zn,
1350ppm P and is API rated SL/SJ/CI-4/CH-4. This oil has a MSRP of $9.70/qt.

As an Amsoil dealer I can offer discounted pricing to CORSA
members.  Please contact me off list.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI