<VV> 66 95 AC timing

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Fri May 13 10:28:45 EDT 2011

OK, I've had the car almost two years and am just looking up timing
specs. I usually just time by ear, but it is hard to time an A/C car
while it is running. That belt is close, and I have had an experience
years ago with a belt and  a finger occupying the same space ggg. It
wasn't ggg at the time!

So, after two years of my ownership and who knows how long before that,
the points have closed up. It just started to run with a drop out at
idle. Still ran OK at speed. That's a hint to those just starting to
troubleshot point cars.

Blah. blah, oh yes, why I'm writing:

The tune up chart on page Engine 6-2 of the 1966 shop manual supplement
has a big X where my car is equipped. 95 HP, Auto & A/C. Does this mean
this combo was not offered? I have the build sheet, and it matches the car.

I have worked on a 65 95 PG A/C years ago. It is currently for sale on
craigslist at an unrealistic price. Also now sports a 110 (maybe, he
he). That is my paint job of 20 years ago. Owner requested mods, not my
idea, please!     http://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/2328106899.html

So, are there other originally equipped 1966 95 HP PG A/C cars out there?

I'm going with 14 BTC for now.

Off to the 2011 Virginia Vair Fair!

Frank DuVal
66 95 A/C PG Sedan ordered by a Saudi Arabia dealer