<VV> Flat Tappet Oil - Marketing

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon May 16 01:40:26 EDT 2011

In a message dated 5/15/2011 8:10:48 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
patiomatt at aol.com writes:

Old  man... it's a CULT....  just like how most people buy their  parts....

It is not a cult - But is seemingly close to that other "AM" - if not in
the "pyramid" style of distribution - (I believe all Amsoil dealers buy
direct)  - certainly in the "indoctrination style" and the "us vs. them" outlook
on the  industry. I am absolutely sure it is good oil. Buying it, or not, is
a business  decision. I honestly don't believe it is that hard to produce a
good oil. The  companies choose the quality of their product and then
decide how to market it.  Sometimes the marketing turns you on - Sometimes it
turns you off. Almost every  time I hear a sales pitch that puts down the
competition, it turns me off. Extol  your virtues and values. You can even claim
you are the best. But don't say the  competition is trying to screw you over
or that the other guy is lying to  you. I remember a line from my childhood
- so many years ago.

 "It takes one to know one."

- Seth Emerson