<VV> Beware when you work with a body shop...Catch 22

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon May 16 11:25:11 EDT 2011

Note, this is not a Maaco bash. Most are NOT this dishonest! ggg

A while back (15 or so years ago) a Richmond, VA Maaco franchise brought
all their problem customer cars back in. Then there was a fire that
destroyed the building and all the contents.  Among the lost was a
friend's 58 Buick. Also a Falcon convertible, a Porsche, and several
others I cannot remember. The pile of hulks the loader stacked in the
back lot would just make you cry. It was obviously deliberately set
(according to investigators) but I do not think anyone was charged as
the actual person who set the fire. I even felt sorry for the
technicians, as is typical for them they did not insure their tools.
This franchise never did re-open.

It made me re evaluate my garage keeper's liability policy at the time.

Frank DuVal