<VV> Last Corvair sold

Rodney Spooner rodneyspooner at corvairgarage.com
Tue May 17 00:14:25 EDT 2011

Hallelujah, Corvair brothers and sisters!!!

http://www.torquenews.com/119/gm-named-innovation-leader-patent-board

Reported by Frank Sherosky in Torque News on Sun, 05/15/2011 - 12:47

"GM named Innovation Leader by Patent Board"

"Here is where the first fuel cell for an automobile was developed in a
Corvair Van. Later, it was applied to a standard Corvair. And now we have
hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicles making rounds on the property as well as
the proving grounds."

I wish he had called me before going to press because I would have made him
add:
1. Electrovair I and II (I believe they could go at least as far as the
Volt)
2. First American production model to have full unibody construction
3. Chevy made the first American production air-cooled engine (NOT
Corvair...)*
4. First American production model to have fully independent suspension

* 1923 Chevrolet Series M
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1923-chevrolet-series-m-copper-cooled.htm

It's always nice to see GOOD CORVAIR NEWS in print. Makes me giddy.

Vairy truly yours,
Rodney Spooner
Riverside, CA 92501