<VV> New Cast Aluminum Corvair Cylinder Heads

Gary Rockwell cordax1964 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 14:00:50 EDT 2011

We have a 110 head and 140 head at the pattern shop now.  The pattern
maker has asked a few questions maybe some of you guys could help
with:

1)  Does anyone make new exhaust tubes for the heads?

2) What compression and CCs should we plan for.  The head would need
to be as univresal as possible becasue we can only make one casting,
but there could possibly be some machining variations.

3)  What shape piston should we plan for?

4)  Does anyone know of an engine available?

5)  Is there a temperature sending unit threaded into each cylinder
head?  ie Does each car have 2 temperature sending units, one on each
head?

Some notes of things most likely to be included:

Interlocking Valve Seats
More free flowing exhaust port
Closer valve seats with a larger Intake Valve
Top of the Intake Manifold will be a bolt on plate so you may select
carburetor or fuel injection configurations.
Spark Plug will be directed at exhaust valve