<VV> Phoenix Ignition Switch

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Wed May 18 10:15:34 EDT 2011

I am currently working on the Fitch Phoenix.  John has asked me to take a look at the ignition switch. Based on the year of the car’s build and the fact that the key can be removed when the engine is running; I believe it is a 1965 one.  The problem now is the switch will turn and start the car without the key.  I know there are different switches for 1965,66-67 and 68-69.
I’m looking for input as to what might be the problem that allows the switch to be turned without the key and also information about the interchangeability of the three switches.  A local club member has a 67 one with keys he is willing to donate.  If anyone has a 65 switch they would donate, it would be much appreciated.