<VV> Phoenix Ignition Switch

Mike Stillwell yenko117 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 11:14:01 EDT 2011

 We're having a similar discussion on Corvair Center Forum. IIRC, a '67 switch will not work with the wiring if it is a '65 switch. I've never seen a '65 that you can turn without a key. It's a flush mounted face - no lip to grab. How do you turn it? if it has a boss around the key, then it is an early switch and must be turned all the way to the left to the lock position to keep the cylinder from being turned without the key. I'm not an early guy, so I'm not sure if the wiring is the same if it is an earlier switch. Clark's lists a different part for the switch, but that may be due to internal differences with the tumbler, not the wiring.

 Mike
 YS-117