<VV> Smoking AFTER Overhaul

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:17:43 EDT 2011

Byron, sounds like you do not have the carbs rigged correctly. If you
disconnect the linkage at the rt carb, and set the idle speed and
mixture on both, then readjust it so the linkage brings in the carbs
at the same time, you should be fine. You need to use a Uni Syn air
flow balancer, like page 58, Clarks main catalog. I think Clarks has a
tech article on adjusting the carbs when you use their adjustable rod
ends between the bar and the carb.

No one has asked, is the smoking out the exhaust, or off the engine
due to oily residue left on the case and cylinders during the build?

Mark Durham