<VV> alternator failure oddball question

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Sun May 22 01:53:51 EDT 2011

Ray,

If the voltage to the pertronix drops below a certain level, it stops working.
Sporadicly at first, then more and more often.  My 67 had this habit of stalling
at random times, particularly if the ac was on.  Ultimately figured out that the
battery had a bad cell.  The car still started, but with the load of the ac
system and a hot day, the system voltage dropped below what the pertronix needs
to trigger the spark.

Im betting that the battery is getting low and the alt isnt keeping up.

Hope this helps.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX