<VV> Fuel Pump Eccentric

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Thu May 26 14:11:50 EDT 2011

> From: Charles McKinley <cmckinley313 at verizon.net>
> The fuel pump eccentric in my 63 Monza 900 80 hp 3-speed has worn down
> to the extent that it no longer provides enough pump action to keep
> the carbs adequately supplied. I have two questions:
Smitty Says;  I don't have a answer about removing the eccentric in the car.
I do have a word of caution for you though.  How do you know the eccentric
is worn out?  Did you measure it with a dial micrometer?  The stroke of the
pushrod is only ..037 inch with a new ecentric.  Most people expect it to
move farther than that.  I have seen a couple of cases where the damper was
night tightened all the way in, allowing the eccentric to wobble and not put
out a full stroke.