<VV> Fuel pump eccentric

Bob Gilbert corvairbob at bresnan.net
Sun May 29 17:29:11 EDT 2011

The stock fuel pump is bolted to the housing the oil filter is mounted to. The
oil filter lines in the housing are right next to the fuel pump mounting boss.
A lot of heat is transfered to the fuel pump. Carefully touch the underside of
the fuel pump that is away from the oil filter lines just after the engine is
shut off. It will be hot. Real fast touch the underside closer to the oil
filter lines, will burn you if you are not "REAL" fast. Mine did not cause a
problem except for extended idleing or 5 minute hot soak after engine shutoff.
Electric pump solved the problem. Follow all saftey instructions when adding
an pump.

Bob