<VV> Corvair PG vs. 4-speed tricks (valid legal claim + 3-speed automatic ?)

Charles Lee chaz at properproper.com
Tue Nov 1 14:54:22 EDT 2011

Correct, I'm pretty sure that I said that 'No PG could top that', but did I
claim that coasting 'requires' a manual shift.

Note my 'legally acceptable' lingo, that a PG cannot top that, which is not
the same as ' No PG could **DO** that', so it is legally true since a PG
only equals my claim, but does not exceed my claim.  It's all in the
inference, right ? (used in commercial advertisements all the time!)

I do agree though that there are times an automatic is easier, like parades,
rush hour traffic, and for those who prefer (or require) comfort options at
the expense of control, they get the slush-o-matic, or a chauffer ?

I might not be so adamant had Chevy given us at least a 3-speed automatic,
and I believe there was one, but not readily available ?

Charlie