<VV> Corvair Tall Tales(?)

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 1 20:28:49 EDT 2011

I'm working part time at a parts store and had my vert parked outside during
a recent bout of nice weather.  Anyway, that inspired one of the customers
to tell me a Corvair story from "back in the day" when service stations
checked your oil, water, tires, etc.  The driver had to show the service guy
where the engine was located and then left him to his job.  When he was
finished with his duties, the attendant reported back to the driver - well,
the oil was good on the dipstick but it sure took a lot of water.

Yep - he got a free and immediate oil change out of that.

Later, JR