<VV> typical idle vacuum reading?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 18:51:20 EDT 2011

Negative, the one that goes to the distributor is the vertical one, which
reads vacuum, above the throttle plate.

I'm wanting to know what the vacuum should be at idle BELOW the throttle
plate, which is the horizontal port connected normally to the choke
pull-offs.

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III

PS- for those following my adventures with the 63' today I got a nice
stable idle at 600RPM in neutral (It stalls when in gear even when set
considerably higher).  I ran it that way for 20 minutes and then pulled one
of the day old spark plugs... it was pure white on the insulator... as if
it had not been installed yet.  So apparently I'm lean at idle, not rich.
I real quick swapped on a pair of carbs from the 62' which idled
BEAUTIFULLY in gear when last run probably less than two months ago and it
behaves about the same way.  Someone sent me a very thorough procedure for
ignition diagnosis so I'm going to follow that all the way through
tomorrow.

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA