<VV> WWI Vet

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sat Nov 5 23:03:00 EDT 2011

Garland probably meant WW2 vets, but most of them don't drive anymore.
Tonight I was at the Charlotte Marine Corps League's Birthday Ball, and the
guest speaker was Hershel "Woody" Williams, last surviving MOH recipient
from the battle of Iwo Jima. I belive he's 88 or 89 years old now.  Looks
and acts like he's in his late 60's.

I'll have pictures from the event on my facebook page tomorrow.

Hank Kaczmarek

There are currently 6 living MOH recipients from WW2.

Hank