<VV> Auto Extremist

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Mon Nov 7 21:32:56 EST 2011

Per the note on the 69 Corvair near the end of the article stating that
it had headers and would shoot blue flames...

My 66 did the same. When I got it in 1974, it had headers on it that
were more like a mess of snakes than the later IECO headers and was
specifically designed to take slip on glass packs. After the collector,
they swooped out and up at the front of the engine and then tilted down
so that the glass pack's tips would exit below the sheet metal on either
side. Went to find them years later in the family shop, and they had
rusted away to nothing.

Mark N