<VV> TOWING ?

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Wed Nov 9 06:47:27 EST 2011

I did a small amount of towing with my rampy powerglide. it was mainly a 14
 ft aluminum fishing boat with 40hp motor and a lot of extras on it for day
 fishing. estimated weight was 1600 + - lbs. the hardest job for the truck
was  pulling it out of the water  at some of the ramps i used.
 stopping was ok , but i was careful trying to think ahead. if it had  been
any worse , i would have wanted trailer brakes controlled by the truck  ,
not surge "yankers". even full size cars should never try to tow as much as
they weigh.
My spyder towed a few small trailers over the years , such as a snowmobile
trailer to move the lawn tractor to camp etc with no problems.
Main thing again , is use common sense...
Any of these ideas would not be good for long hauls..??
If nothing else , the hitches look neat..
Regards Tim Colson