<VV> Risky towing (no Corvair)

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 10:34:27 EST 2011

I have a class "A" CDL and spent about two years driving over the road,
usually towing a 53' foot trailer.  Before I took on that gig I spent a
short while driving small dump trucks for a local paving company (doing
driveways mostly).  The boss was a real idiot with a nasty attitude....
anyway maybe a week after I started working for him I had to tow a trailer
loaded with the bulldozer in the pouring rain.  The boss didn't bother to
tell me that the brakes on the trailer were completely non-functional.  The
first time I got on the brakes the bulldozer just pushed me along.
Fortunately I had plenty of room in front of me and with a little evasive
maneuvering avoided any collisions.  I finished the trip at about 10 miles
per hour.

I would be perfectly willing to tow 2,500 lbs with a late model (better
brakes) as long as it was in good weather.  Eventually it might come to
this, fortunately for the time being I've got access to a good tow vehicle
owned by my father.... now if only I had a trailer (or at least a dolly) so
I didn't have to rent one....

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA

--