<VV> trailering not much corvair

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 10 19:34:42 EST 2011

 I tow a travel trailer 25 feet long at 3500 lbs empty, but closer to 4500 with
the batteries, gas tanks, full load of water and food etc. Full four wheel
brakes.

 Tow vehicle is a Dodge B3500 full one ton (15 passenger) with the Fi 360 CID
engine. The weight of the Van is more than the trailer and the extra long wheel
base make for an excellent ride. No sway. Tow without the Overdrive engaged
except on any long flat stretches, if I can find them in NE.

 Bottom line is to use trailer brakes, and plan way ahead and be more aware of
the traffic around you. I pulled my enclosed car trailer with a LM in it. Even
easier than the travel trailer!

 MIKE KOVACS