<VV> Resistor Question - Update

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Fri Nov 11 13:09:00 EST 2011

http://pertronix.com/support/manuals/pdf/ignitor12vneg.pdf

Please see "Common Questions and Answers" on the second page question #3

Q. How to correct a low voltage problem?
A. First, if you have an external ballast
resistor, connect the red Ignitor™ wire to the ignition wire
prior to the ballast resistor. Second, if you do
not have a ballast resistor you must locate a 12
volt source that is controlled by the ignition
switch to connect the red Ignitor™ wire to.

So it is not just an opinion :-)  You might also
note that they do say to use the correct type of
coil but that is more complicated and depends on how you wire it ...

Eric

At 05:55 PM 11/10/2011, you wrote:
>From: "lonwall at corvairunderground.com" <corvairs at pacifier.com>
>Subject: Re: <VV> Resistor Question - Update
>To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>
>Bob - I would like it if you can show me where it says that -
>
>On 11/10/2011 2:53 PM, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:
> > Dear Bob,
> >
> >    If you do that, you must find an
> > alternate source of power for the Pertronix._It
> > must have 12 volts._
>
>-  I realize some people won't listen to me. Fair enough. Bob clearly
>has stated that the Pertronix will operate in the 8-16 volt range.
>
>You can STATE AS OPINION that it "must have 12 volts" but then of course
>you would be wrong.
>
>Why is it so difficult for people to abandon this falsehood?
>
>Lon

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

Vertical Integrated Computer Systems, LLC
Metropolis Support, LLC

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

For pictures:  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

(You can see why we love this state :-) )