<VV> Technical data sheet

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Nov 13 10:59:14 EST 2011

Ulli All that data should be available, except the sound data. It has so
many variables as to be useless. If there is sound data for a Porsche 911 of
1965 vintage, that is probably as close as you will get. But I'd bet
Porsche never kept that data back then either. The engine fan, the muffler and
the tires would all be contributors. In addition air cooled motors do not
have  the sound deadening water jackets around the cylinders and combustion
chambers.  Much of the sound of a Corvair motor is that combustion sound coming
out of the  shrouding.

One other note. Since the Corvair pre-dates the "On-Line" presence of the
internet, you will have a hard time finding any official (as in GM) standard
 data sheets on the Corvair. It is possible that someone in the Corsa
organization  might be able to provide a "Certified"  data list for  you.

Seth Emerson

In a message dated 11/13/2011 6:00:28 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,