<VV> 64 turbo acceleration issues

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 14 09:51:11 EST 2011

Your using a Pertronics unit, right? A dwell meter should give you the dwell
(basically the difference of on/off time of the coil.

A scope will show the actual ON time.

I've concocked a homemade spark measureing test device that allows you to
accurately adjust a spark gap on the secondary side, and observe the
distance a spark can jump, until it extinguishes. It's a relative tool as no
actual voltage can be measured, but it will compare spark(s) for testing
purposes.

This all said, there's not much you can do to change anything (other than
timing). I've seen Pertronics units work just fine with the resistor wire in
place, and without.